Open - Limited Services / Capacity
The Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, the Auto Race Track of the Rodríguez Brothers, has been operating since it opened in 1962. Named for Ricardo and Pedro Rodríguez, the track has been a memorial to the road-race legends ever since.
Entirely within the Magdalena Mixiuhca Sports City complex, the track was designed by an engineer Oscar Fernández Gómez Daza in 1955. It was completed in 1959 and host its first Grand Prix in 1962. The was entirely renovated in 2015, but the elevation of 2,285 m (7,500 ft), still cause causes engines to lose power and breathing can be difficult for drivers.
Although the Mexican Grand Prix was not held for several season, it was successfully raced again in 2015 and is expected to continue every year into the future. It’s a big draw for international visitors to the city and an important part of every calendar year. The Hermanos Rodríguez Race Track shares space within the Ciudad Deportiva with the Foro Sol, the seats of which are used for every race. The baseball stadium, Alfredo Harp Helú Stadium has moved to a space further out along the track, at curves numbered 2 and 3. The famous Palacio de los Deportes is visible from most parts of the track, and no matter what race you may be in town for, it’s always a place that’s buzzing with excitement.