Open - Limited Services / Capacity
The Parque España is a major city park in Condesa. The area had been the entrance to the Hippodrome de la Condesa racetrack and part of the Hacienda de la Condesa. The park was designed (as was the layout of the neighborhood) by architect, José Luis Cuevas and opened in 1921. An ahuehuete tree was planted by then-mayor of Mexico City, Herminio Perez Abreu. A plaque at the base of this tree still commemorates the event.
Within the park is a monument to President Lázaro Cárdenas. This was donated by a group of Spanish Republican immigrants and dedicated in 1974. The monument is an abstracted depiction of an open hand, symbolizing Mexico’s welcome of the exiles of the Spanish civil war.
The park is situated amidst a great architectural abundance. Avant-garde styles abound but the neighborhood is especially noted for the Art Deco and Art Nouveau styles. Facing the park on Guadalajara street is the former home of Fernando Torreblanca, a private secretary to multiple presidents in the 1920s. His house was designed by the engineer, Manuel Luis Stampa, and built in 1922.
Today, the Parque España is especially famous for the dog run which is where all of the neighborhoods dogs and their owners meet. The also features exercise equipment and a playground. The Carlos Fuentes Children and Youth Library is also here. It also has a small lake crossed by a rustic cement bridge, in the style of those in the nearby Parque México.
An academic institution and an important center for learning, arts, and culture, the Casa is the most prominent address on Álvaro Obregón.
Digging into the urban, cultural, and design issues that keep The City turning, it's a major Colonia Roma focal point.
One of the most exceptional of Roma Norte's many distinguished buildings...
Mexico's National Poet is honored in a modest home from one of Mexico most turbulent periods.