The Hospital Order of Bethlemite Brothers arrived from Guatemala in 1674. They founded a hospital, convent, and novitiate on Calle Tacuba. The imposing 18th-century building is the work of the master builder, Lorenzo Rodríguez. By 1821 the order was suppressed and the building was put to various uses: a theater, Lancasterian school, school for nuns, a hotel and as housing. In 1950 it was declared a national monument and in 1989 it was acquired by the Bank of Mexico. After an arduous restoration, it was opened to the public as the Interactive Museum of Economics in 2006. Their old temple survives today as the Army Museum.
Proyecto “Corredor de Cultura Digital”.
Nombre de la investigación: Investigación Centro Histórico, Monumentos, Edificios y Puntos de Interés (2023)
Dirección de investigación y diseño de Rutas: Acércate al Centro A.C. Guadalupe Gómez Collada
Coordinación e investigación histórica: Fideicomiso del Centro histórico Dir. Maestra Loredana Montes