This monument is dedicated to the memory of President Benito Juárez, who defended the Mexicofrom internal wars and foreign invasions. The monument was built on one side of the Alameda Central. Architect Heredia commissioned the sculptor Alesandro Lazzerini to complete a set of sculptures, and columns to form a semicircle of Doric columns topped by two pillars. In the center is a pair of lions and above them stands an empty tomb crowned by an eagle. In the center rises a set of sculptures depicting President Juarez seated, and behind him "The Law" and the "Goddess of Victory" crowning the president with laurels. The monument was dedicated on September 18, 1910 by President Porfirio Diaz. It weighs approximately 70 tons and is composed of 1620 blocks of Carrera marble. The sculptural ensemble reaches seven meters in height.