In the very south of the city, in the borough of Tlalpan, this site is very near to the famous town of Santo Tomás Ajusco. Though it remains abandoned and deteriorated, the pyramid dates to the Post-Classical period (1325-1521), and according to historical sources was built by the Tepanecas who fled Azcapotzalco in the city’s northwest. They migrated to the Cerro del Judío area but later established themselves in Tequipa. Archaeologist Blanca Paredes claims that Tequipa was a ceremonial center for people living near its periphery. The peak of the structure once had a figure, and pre-Hispanic chest made of basalt and locally known as “El Cuartillo”, which was later taken to the Santo Tomás Ajusco church atrium.